Make a positive impact on our world
Working at Callaghan means being part of New Zealand’s innovation agency - with the people, resources and mandate to put innovation at the heart of Aotearoa’s future prosperity. With over 400 staff and 800 priority customers, you’ll be working with and for some of the most interesting and driven people in Aotearoa New Zealand.
We are the team behind the team. We help fund, upskill, connect, solve and grow the businesses we work with in very real and tangible ways.
For us innovation isn’t about ideas, it’s about impact. If you’re a person who loves practising innovation, in a way that makes a real, sustainable impact, Callaghan Innovation is for you.
Be part of something bigger and better
Impact not just ideas
Never stop learning and growing
Innovation with real heart
Making an Aotearoa sized difference in the world
Our kaupapa is deeply values based and we’re on a journey to put te ao Māori at the heart of who we are, brought to life through our behaviours. Our four behaviours were shaped and selected by our employees.
Whakatauira te pūmanawa, karawhiu te tautoko.
Set an example for innovation, and constantly look to support it.
Find out more about our Whakatauākī, values, purpose and vision here.
We have the courage to give things a go.
We lead by example, and trust others to do the same.
We use and share our knowledge to create better outcomes for all.
We support others to be successful in their roles and lives.
As part of our Wellbeing Programme we provide full-time employees with:
- Truly Flexible working options to suit your lifestyle!
- EAP counselling service.
- Health insurance group discount scheme.
- Reimbursements for noise cancelling headphones.
- Hearing and eye tests.
- On-site monthly nurse appointments.
- Fruit baskets delivered weekly to the office.
- Annual Flu vaccinations.
- 20 Days sick leave entitlement from day one.
- Extra leave - Callaghan Innovation Days x 3 to use over the Christmas and New Year Period.
- 1 x Volunteer day per year to give back to our Communities.
- Additional 1 week annual leave after 5 years of service.
- 1 x Life admin day to get on top of every day admin.
- We’re DV free tick partners and we have dedicated specialist support and domestic violence leave.
- Flexible working to transition new parents into parenthood and back into the workforce.
- Parental leave top up, to full pay for the full 26 weeks while you bond with your little one.
- Prioritised access to childcare at our on-site childcare facilities at our biggest site, Gracefield Innovation Quarter.
Build your skills and accelerate your career with a Summer Internship at Callaghan Innovation.
We offer a three month, full-time summer Internship Programme from November to February each year to students studying an aligned discipline.
With hands-on learning you will be equipped with the tools, skills and networking opportunities, to help you succeed in your career. You’ll get access to leading STEM expertise, and will learn from and collaborate with our experts.
We offer world-class cutting edge research opportunities; the opportunity to work with AI developed by world-leading distinguished scientists, insight into advanced manufacturing and even sometimes rockets!
Get in touch to find out more.