Callaghan Innovation has a presence on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
At Callaghan Innovation, we strive to treat everyone fairly and with respect, and to be professional and responsive. We are committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for our social media followers. We expect people using our social media channels to respect others and behave in ways that keep everyone safe.
Please also be aware that social media channels have their own rules, terms of service, and/or community guidelines. These can be found on each social media platform. By going on our social media pages, you are agreeing to the conditions of their use.
Posts by users on our social media or engagement pages do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policy of Callaghan Innovation.
We may follow or like a user, mention a user in our posts, share or like a social media post on our social media channels. This does not imply endorsement of any kind on our part.
Social media users may mention us on social media channels. This also does not imply endorsement of any kind on our part.
When posting on our social media pages or engagement website, please protect your personal privacy and that of others. Social media services have their own privacy policies which users should read.
We reserve the right to report, remove immediately or edit (as appropriate) the following types of comments:
- comments that reveal personal information without consent
- comments that are abusive, bullying, predatory, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
- comments that are defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar or depicting violence
- language that is hateful, targets race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or political beliefs
- fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful conduct
- trolling, deliberately disrupting discussion or any comment that is likely to cause offence or harm
- violations of any intellectual property rights
- commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations
- link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site)
- comments that may affect our neutrality or perceived neutrality
- comments that display political bias or open up political discussions (as a Government agency, we must maintain political neutrality and our channels can not be used for partisan political discussion).
We may, at our discretion:
- inform you if we remove or edit your comments and give you the opportunity to post revised comments
- hide or delete your comments without informing you directly
- block or ban anyone who posts those types of comments or who breaches these conditions of use or the conditions of use of a social media channel.
At times people employed by Callaghan Innovation may engage or post on social media platforms. Any opinions or views expressed on these forums belong to the individual staff member.
Our staff acting in an official capacity will usually post using Callaghan Innovation’s social media accounts (and, if not, will identify themselves as representing Callaghan Innovation).
Our social media accounts may provide links to other websites or embed material which may contain information that is the copyright of third parties and subject to restrictions on use or reproduction.
You must get permission from the copyright owner to use:
- copyrighted materials from other websites, or
- material on our social media pages that is protected by the copyright of a third party.
We cannot give you this permission.
By submitting, posting or displaying your content on any of our social media accounts, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use that content on our social media platforms.
The information on our social media channels is provided on the basis that persons accessing the channel undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content.
While every endeavour has been made to supply accurate information, errors and omissions may occur. Accordingly, Callaghan Innovation does not accept any liability for any loss or damage which may directly or indirectly result from any advice, opinion, information, representation or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, contained on social media channels.
If you want to contact us about our social media channels, email firstname.lastname@example.org