Collaborate and connect with experts in your field and access state-of-the-art facilities, so you can take your innovations to the next level.
What is the Gracefield Innovation Quarter and what are its benefits?
The Gracefield Innovation Quarter (GIQ) in Lower Hutt, Callaghan Innovation’s largest site, is the ideal place to set up your high-tech business.
As a resident, you can access the specialist facilities and expertise your business needs to fast-track your product development, scale up, deploy and test technology, and collaborate. GIQ houses world class state-of-the-art facilities, workshops, pilot plants, labs and equipment.
Work alongside Callaghan Innovation’s research and technical specialists, and some of New Zealand’s most innovative people. Residents range from privately-owned enterprises to the research and development teams delivering for major national and international companies.
- well-equipped machine shop
- rapid prototyping facilities
- materials analysis and testing laboratories
- a supercritical fluid extraction plant
- world-class measurement facilities.
GIQ has also been undergoing extensive upgrades.
How does GIQ work?
Through GIQ, residents have access to leading scientific and technical expertise, advice, and services, including Victoria University’s Ferrier Research Institute and Robinson Research Institute. Callaghan Innovation’s technical experts can look under the hood of your business, and help you with the right mix of science and technology, research and development, project management and funding.
You can hire facilities and/or expertise for short and long-term requirements.
Specific support options include:
- Staff to help with technical services, measurement and analysis, or training and support for your own technical staff.
- Potential for startup technology businesses to access support from the Powerhouse technology incubator – also based at GIQ – particularly, if you are commercialising public sector-derived science or technology.
Find out more
For more information, please contact our
Updated: 4 November 2022