There is plenty of support available across Aotearoa for all kinds of startups, and at the different stages of their journey.
Callaghan Innovation plays an important role as a catalyst for startups and entrepreneurs, by helping to fund startup support organisations, and grow the next generation of innovators. We have a number of programmes currently on offer:
Beyond IP: Intangible asset management programme
Work with seasoned assets experts for up to 12 months on how to maximise intangible assets—which make up as much as 80% of the value of a modern business.
Product 360: Product commercialisation
Tap into this free central resource hub to help businesses identify their unique commercialisation needs, as well as any potential roadblocks, to help avoid costly backtracking and time delays in product development.
Capital Education workshop
Join this online workshop and video series programme to navigate the complex capital raising process in New Zealand.
Aronui: Industry 4.0 navigator experience
Explore the advantages of building digital technologies into your business model, with this guided tour of Callaghan Innovation's free interactive learning space.
Other resources and directories
There is plenty of other support for startups, beyond the programmes offered by Callaghan Innovation. These directories and resources contain information about support organisations, resources and events. For industry-specific information, visit our Industries page.
- Tech Ecosystem Directory startup ecosystem directory with a focus on Auckland-based tech startups
- Techstars Startup Digest newsletter with comprehensive event information
- NZ Capital Growth Partners investment-focused startup resources
- NZ Entrepreneur startup ecosystem news, directory and resources
- Money Hub startup ecosystem directory and resources
- Kiwi Business Boost from Business.govt.nz has a questionnaire to help determine most appropriate support options
- Digital Boost from Business.govt.nz is has resources to help you make the most of digital tools
Updated: 14 March 2023