Scale-Up New Zealand will help speed up innovation and the growth of innovative businesses in Aotearoa New Zealand.
What is Scale-Up NZ?
Created from a model that is hugely successful overseas, Scale-Up NZ makes it faster and easier for ambitious businesses to find and connect with the people, capital and other help they need to innovate and grow, here and offshore. It will also create opportunities for investors, incubators, multinationals and other collaborators to connect with innovative New Zealand businesses.
Scale-Up NZ enables users to find the accurate information they need, when they need it, in multiple ways. Get the inside track by diving into verified details of the latest investments, deals and start-ups, and navigate the ecosystem to explore new technology and business trends. For more in-depth analysis, browse for specific information using the platform’s comprehensive search feature. The advanced search options filter companies by business model, funding stage, location, product stage and more.
Users can find key contacts for businesses they’re interested in and ask for facilitated introductions to key people – extending networks and helping create connections that matter. Contact requests will be mediated to ensure their mutual value.
Similar networks overseas are growth engines for ambitious companies and national economies. In Aotearoa New Zealand, Scale-Up NZ will supercharge innovation and help build world-beating businesses and a better future for our children.
Visit Scale-Up NZ to begin your search for partners now.
You can also list your company or entity, if it meets one or more of the following eligibility criteria:
- Companies – Companies must be innovative, ambitious and local. You might be a Callaghan Innovation customer, someone who invests in R&D, or are seeking capital investment or targeting growth into international markets.
- Investors – Individuals or business entities that invest in innovative NZ companies.
- Hubs – Organisations whose primary purpose is to enable the commercial success of innovative NZ companies. You might be an incubator, accelerator, or co-working space.
- Multinationals – Companies originating abroad, with headquarters abroad, but pursuing R&D through a subsidiary or branch located in NZ.
To be included in Scale-Up NZ, you must be a legitimate, active and registered business or entity, searchable on a register administered and maintained by the NZ Companies Office (including the charitable trust, incorporated society and limited partnerships registers).
To upload your company details, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Visit the Scale-Up NZ website
- Click on ‘Sign up for free’ to create an account, using either a Google or LinkedIn account
- Once you have created your account, click on your profile in the top right corner and then select ‘Add your company’
- Follow the instructions to upload information about your organisation (please don’t include any commercially sensitive data or information that you don’t want to be seen publicly).
The Scale-Up NZ team will then review your uploaded content to ensure it meets our data standards, and will contact you if any clarification or changes are needed.
If you have any issues uploading your company information, please contact the Scale-Up NZ team.
Updated: 17 April 2019