Our experts in advanced engineering, robotics, automation and manufacturing technology can help your business gain a competitive advantage.
We deliver tailored R&D services to help New Zealand businesses accelerate their innovation projects. Our experts in advanced engineering, robotics, automation and manufacturing technology will help you solve complex manufacturing and design challenges – from concept feasibility and testing through to production and commercialisation.
Industrial robotics and automation
- System design and engineering
- Harvesting, sorting, handling and processing product and produce to improve yield and productivity.
- Specialist expertise in naturally-varying horticulture and agriculture produce.
- Machine vision and intelligence – developing smart systems which react appropriately to new situations.
Mechanical and electrical engineering
- Complex product design and analysis
- Computational engineering (CAD, FEA, CFD)
- Structural dynamics and vibration analysis
- Fluid and heat transfer analysis
- Design for additive manufacturing
- Electrical system design and integration
- Embedded machine control and safety systems.
- In-house engineering workshops and access to an extensive network of NZ manufacturers for rapid prototyping
- An advanced additive manufacturing centre with polymer and metal 3D printing capabilities.
Testing and validation
- Development of test plans and design of test rigs
- Lab and field testing, including wireless systems
- Instrumentation, monitoring and failure analysis
- Interpreting test results to improve product design and performance.
Managing complex technology development projects
- Technology landscaping and market research
- Defining product requirements and specifications
- Project planning and risk mitigation
- Agile project management.
Updated: 16 June 2017