This article was published on 7 September 2017
Your chance to play a key role in building a world-leading innovation system, right here in New Zealand
Callaghan Innovation is the government's business innovation agency. We're here to liberate innovators. We connect businesses to the networks, capability and funding they need to make their ideas happen. We challenge both our customers and New Zealand to step up to the challenge of technological change.
We have more than 200 of New Zealand's leading scientists dedicated to solving tough technical problems, our programmes help hundreds of companies improve their ability to innovate, and we boost businesses' R&D through grants.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the General Manager - Research and Technical Services leads and manages the performance of Callaghan Innovation's Research and Technical Services Group, ensures its capability is fit-for-purpose and solves complex technical problems for customers.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Proven experience in a senior business operations role, preferably in the science, engineering or technology sectors.
- Has innovation and collaboration in their DNA - with demonstrable experience in effective partnering and engaging to connect business and capability.
- Demonstrated leadership capability with a track record in selecting, developing and retaining talent and mobilising talent to collectively achieve a business' mission.
- Demonstrated capability to drive a professional services or commercial R&D capability in the delivery of success for customers with a strong commercial and customer orientation.
- Is able to deal with complexity, ambiguity and constraints and work effectively as part of a senior leadership team.
- Passionate, with a hands-on approach.
- Record of innovation and creativity coupled with resilience, persistence and commitment.
- Has knowledge and understanding of Tikanga me Te Reo Maori
- Sound knowledge of compliance and Health and Safety within the business
If you are a real people person who can lead as well as inspire others and have a natural desire to succeed, then we would genuinely love to hear from you!
For more information and to apply see our Recruitment website.