This article was published on 24 March 2021
Southern SaaS 2021 is an interactive event that brings together Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business founders, leaders, and executive teams for two days of inspiring speakers, practical workshops, and valuable networking with industry peers.
- 25- 26 August 2021
- Aotea Centre, Auckland, and online
What is Southern SaaS?
An annual event in its fourth year, Southern SaaS brings together leaders of New Zealand’s thriving SaaS industry to connect, inspire, and upskill.
Southern SaaS 2021 will be held on 25 & 26 August as a hybrid event with both in-person and online attendance available.
Following three years of successful Southern SaaS events, this year we’re bringing together an exceptional range of speakers from Aotearoa and around the globe. Workshops with industry experts and leaders, and bookable 1:1 sessions, will be back this year too.
Keep checking this page for announcements on keynote speakers, workshops, plenary sessions, and registration information. Visit KiwiSaaS.com or follow Callaghan Innovation on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter to keep up to date on upcoming Kiwi SaaS events.
- Registrations open: Wednesday 23 June (until Friday 20 August unless sold out prior)
- Southern SaaS Day 1: Wednesday 25 August - keynote speakers, presentations and networking
- Southern SaaS Day 2: Thursday 26 August - workshops, 1:1 sessions
Highlights from Southern SaaS 2020:
A massive thanks to all those who took part in last year’s Southern SaaS from November 10 to 27 2020. It was an honour to host all of you and we hope you left with new insights, knowledge, and inspiration for your journey towards SaaS success.
Due to the disruption caused by COVID-19, Southern SaaS 2020 was held online. While we missed out on some face-to-face networking opportunities, it was fantastic to see SaaS professionals joining us by Zoom from all over the country.
Last year’s line-up of local and international speakers included:
- Marvin Liao – investor, advisor, executive coach and former partner at venture capital fund 500 Startups, where he ran the fund’s San Francisco-based accelerator programme
- Sandi Lin – CEO and co-founder of Skilljar, a leading customer education platform used by enterprises to accelerate product adoption and deepen customer engagement
- J. Ryan Williams – an experienced builder of sales teams in Silicon Valley who has worked with a range of interesting companies in the SaaS, advertising, mobile, design and healthcare space
- Dr Alyona Medelyan – CEO and co-founder of Thematic, an AI-driven customer insights solution helping businesses improve customer and product experience through insights from customer feedback. Thematic’s customers include LinkedIn, DoorDash, ManpowerGroup, Jetstar and Vodafone
- Dr Paul Wood – an expert in the psychology of individual differences, high performance and emotional intelligence. Paul is a bestselling author whose passion for assisting others to realise their potential and flourish through adversity comes from his own experience of transformational change: from delinquent to doctor.