This article was published on 24 March 2021
Southern SaaS 2021 is an interactive event that brings together Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business founders, leaders, and executive teams for two days of inspiring speakers, practical workshops, and valuable networking with industry peers.
- 25- 26 August 2021
- Aotea Centre, Auckland, and online
What is Southern SaaS?
An annual event in its fourth year, Southern SaaS brings together movers and shakers of New Zealand’s thriving Saas industry to connect, inspire, and upskill.
Southern SaaS 2021 is an interactive hybrid event bringing together SaaS business founders, leaders, and executive teams for two days of expert speakers, useful workshops, and valuable industry networking.
- Day One of this year’s programme includes a mix of keynote and inspirational speakers, topped off with the highly popular evening networking event.
- Day Two we’ll dive deeper into some awesome practical tools and lessons with interactive skill-based workshops.
- We’re excited to have workshops with industry experts and leaders and bookable 1:1 sessions, offering valuable opportunities to upskill and connect, back this year too.
Who should attend?
Is your software business the next game-changer? Do you need help scaling up your business for global growth? Are you knee-deep in capital raising? Do you want to connect with ambitious SaaS founders and like-minded investors? Southern SaaS is for you!
Confirmed speakers just announced, more to come
We’re excited to announce the first of our confirmed speakers attending Southern SaaS 2021. This year, you’ll be hearing from:
- Shaun Maloney - Executive Chairman of Seequent: Join us as Shaun Maloney shares lessons on how you can scale your acquisition from $1 million to $1.4 billion.
- Linda Jenkinson - Professional Independent Director and Global entrepreneur: Linda will join us on day one to take us through what it takes to build a billion dollar business, serious scaling!
- Siân Simpson - Founder of Public Rally: We’re excited to have Siân Simpson back this year to provide industry insider tips on how to best set up strong, connected communities.
- Mark Clare - Managing Partner, Clare Capital: Mark has over 20 years commercial and corporate finance experience, with a background in investment banking, strategy and technology.
- Alex Burke - CEO, Education Perfect: Alex took the reins at Education Perfect over a year ago and it has since expanded into 42 new countries.
We’ve created registration options to attend both in-person at the Aotea Centre, Auckland, or online for those who are unable to attend physically. Further information and pricing can be found here.
- Registrations open: Wednesday 23 June (until Friday 20 August unless sold out prior)
- Southern SaaS Day 1 - keynote speaker, presentations and networking: Wednesday 25 August
- Southern SaaS Day 2 – expert workshops, bookable 1:1 sessions and networking: Thursday 26 August
Visit southernsaas.nz for all keynote speakers, workshops, plenary sessions, and registration information. Visit KiwiSaaS.com or follow Callaghan Innovation on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter to keep up to date on upcoming Kiwi SaaS events.
Highlights from Southern SaaS 2020:
A massive thanks to all those who took part in last year’s Southern SaaS from November 10 to 27 2020. It was an honour to host all of you and we hope you left with new insights, knowledge, and inspiration for your journey towards SaaS success.
Due to the disruption caused by COVID-19, Southern SaaS 2020 was held online. While we missed out on some face-to-face networking opportunities, it was fantastic to see SaaS professionals joining us by Zoom from all over the country.
Last year’s line-up of local and international speakers included:
- Marvin Liao – investor, advisor, executive coach and former partner at venture capital fund 500 Startups, where he ran the fund’s San Francisco-based accelerator programme
- Sandi Lin – CEO and co-founder of Skilljar, a leading customer education platform used by enterprises to accelerate product adoption and deepen customer engagement
- J. Ryan Williams – an experienced builder of sales teams in Silicon Valley who has worked with a range of interesting companies in the SaaS, advertising, mobile, design and healthcare space
- Dr Alyona Medelyan – CEO and co-founder of Thematic, an AI-driven customer insights solution helping businesses improve customer and product experience through insights from customer feedback. Thematic’s customers include LinkedIn, DoorDash, ManpowerGroup, Jetstar and Vodafone
- Dr Paul Wood – an expert in the psychology of individual differences, high performance and emotional intelligence. Paul is a bestselling author whose passion for assisting others to realise their potential and flourish through adversity comes from his own experience of transformational change: from delinquent to doctor.