This article was published on 26 June 2017
Join us at the software as a service community’s global gathering in San Francisco.
SaaStr Annual is a global meeting of the ‘software as a service’ (SaaS) community, and on 6-8 February 2018 Callaghan Innovation will be there. We want to take 30 New Zealand companies with us to learn, network and connect with the international SaaS community.
About SaaStr Annual 2018
SaaStr Annual brings the global SaaS community together with a conference, exhibition and networking events. This year, the organisers are expecting to present 250 speakers and attract 20,000 SaaS founders, executives and investors – twice the number that attended last year. The theme for 2018 will be announced later this year.
Where and when:
SaaStr Annual 2018
6-8 February 2018
San Francisco, USA
Attending SaaStr 2018 will be valuable for any SaaS business to:
- Look and learn - validate your ideas, investigate the competition, understand more about technology trends and what is working for successful SaaS companies
- Seek feedback and validation for your business model/strategy
- Explore investment opportunities and development partnerships
- Pursue targeted partnership meetings
- Exhibit your products in the exhibition area
- Gain a unique opportunity to learn from other New Zealand companies in the US market.
What you'll get
Callaghan Innovation is able to provide co-funding support for 30 New Zealand SaaS businesses to attend SaaStr Annual 2018. $3,000 in co-funding will be offered which will contribute to the costs involved in travel, accommodation and registration for early and late stage start-up companies.
Other support provided by Callaghan Innovation, for both co-funded and non-funded companies, includes:
- Preparatory workshops in New Zealand about SaaStr - and how to get the most out of it
- Working with you to develop individual “game plans” to guide your time at the show
- Networking events
- Media and communications support and assistance through the show
- Follow up on return to New Zealand to maximise the benefits gained from attending
- Opportunity to share what you learnt with the rest of the industry.
Who we're looking for
In selecting the businesses to come with us to SaaStr we will look for the following:
- Ambition and aspiration to become an international business
- Capability in the team and a clear strategy to scale the business
- Clear objectives for preparing and taking advantage of being at SaaStr
- Willingness to learn, commitment to sharing insights with other NZ companies and desire to be a part of a New Zealand Saas community
- A mix of businesses to present a diverse and exciting picture of New Zealand innovation.
In allocating the available co-funding, priority will be given to early and late stage start-up companies that would not otherwise be able to attend, and that have not attended SaaStr before.
Expressions of interest
The deadline for applying to join the New Zealand cohort at SaaStr Annual 2018 has passed, but we’d love for you to join us in San Francisco, take advantage of the in-country events and support we are offering, and become a member of New Zealand’s high performing SaaS cluster.