This article was published on 26 June 2017
We're taking a cohort of New Zealand software as a service organisations to Saastr 2018 in San Francisco!
SaaStr Annual is a global meeting of the ‘software as a service’ (SaaS) community, and on 6-8 February 2018 Callaghan Innovation will be there. We are taking more than 50 New Zealand companies with us to learn, network and connect with the international SaaS community.
About SaaStr Annual 2018
SaaStr Annual brings the global SaaS community together with a conference, exhibition and networking events. More than 250 speakers and 20,000 SaaS founders, executives and investors – twice the number that attended last year - will come together in San Francisco in February 2018.
Where and when:
SaaStr Annual 2018
6-8 February 2018
San Francisco, USA
Our delegation supports New Zealand SaaS businesses to:
- Look and learn - validate ideas, investigate the competition, understand more about technology trends and what is working for successful SaaS companies
- Seek feedback and validation for business model/strategy
- Explore investment opportunities and development partnerships
- Pursue targeted partnership meetings
- Exhibit your products in the exhibition area
- Gain a unique opportunity to learn from other New Zealand companies in the US market
SaaStr 2018 Mission
UPDATE: Co-funding for SaaStr 2018 is fully allocated. More than 50 companies and 100 people are joining us at this premier event. If you would like information about requirements to join the cohort for this event, please contact us.
Callaghan Innovation provides co-funding support for a selection of eligible 30 New Zealand SaaS businesses to attend SaaStr Annual 2018. $3,000 in co-funding contributes to the costs involved in travel, accommodation and registration for early and late stage start-up companies.
Other support provided by Callaghan Innovation, for both co-funded and non-funded companies, includes:
- Preparatory workshops in New Zealand about SaaStr - and how to get the most out of it
- Working with you to develop individual “game plans” to guide your time at the show
- Networking events
- Media and communications support and assistance through the show
- Follow up on return to New Zealand to maximise the benefits gained from attending
- Opportunity to share what you learnt with the rest of the industry.
In selecting the businesses to come with us to SaaStr we look for:
- Ambition and aspiration to become an international business
- Capability in the team and a clear strategy to scale the business
- Clear objectives for preparing and taking advantage of being at SaaStr
- Willingness to learn, commitment to sharing insights with other NZ companies and desire to be a part of a New Zealand Saas community
- A mix of businesses representing the diverse and exciting picture of New Zealand innovation.
Expressions of interest
The deadline for applying to join the New Zealand cohort at SaaStr Annual 2018 has passed, but we’d love for you to join us in San Francisco, take advantage of the in-country events and support we are offering, and become a member of New Zealand’s high performing SaaS cluster.