This article was published on 31 July 2017
Callaghan Innovation is bringing the Matariki X experience to your region!
About the Regional Matariki X Events
We’re extending Matariki X this year with a series of regional events to connect and inspire Māori businesses.
From Northland to Canterbury we’re inviting rangatahi, experienced business owners, and aspiring innovators to find out how to take their business ideas to the next level from the people who have done it.
Held from August 2017 to July 2018. Each event is linked to the meaning of one star in the Matariki cluster.
• Adults: $20 - $25
• Rangatahi/students: Free of charge
Tupu-ā-rangiX: The Power of Collaboration
When: 5:30pm – 8:00pm, Thursday 12 October 2017
Where: Waikato Innovation Park, 9 Melody Lane, Hamilton
Tickets: Spaces are limited. Book your ticket online now
- Ian Taylor, Animation Research Limited
- Toko Kapea, Tuia Group
Planning is underway for a number of other regional events around New Zealand:
When: November 2017
Where: Te Matau a Maui (Hawkes Bay)
When: March 2018
Where: Te Tairawhiti (Gisborne)
When: April 2018
Where: Te Tai Hauauru (Taranaki/Manawatu)
When: May 2018
Where: Te Upoko o te Ika (Wellington/Kapiti)
When: June 2018
Where: Te Waipounamu (Christchurch)
Events have already been held in Northland (UruarangiX) and Tauranga (WaitaX).
What to expect
- Dynamic guest speakers: be inspired by New Zealand innovators and their stories, and the importance of innovation in the Māori economy
- Networking: expand your ecosystem and connect with other like-minded Māori entrepreneurs
- Takeaway skills and knowledge: fill your kete with free online tools, resources and educational material, as well as gain an understanding about innovation pathways, assistance and funding for your ideas