This article was published on 11 June 2016
Callaghan Innovation’s second Māori Inspire Event 'Matariki X' - Saturday 11th June.
Keynote Speaker - Ian Taylor of Animation Research Ltd
Callaghan Innovation’s second Māori Inspire Event “Matariki X” brought together 14 entrepreneurial speakers, including Tawera Nikau, Dr Lance O’Sullivan and NASA’s Mana Vautier, to share their experiences of success, failure and the importance of innovation with more than 300 participants from around the country.
Callaghan Innovation’s General Manager Māori Economy, Hēmi Rolleston says Matariki X facilitates collaboration. “By bringing together a group of very successful Māori in their respective fields we’re fostering the cross pollination of ideas while building connections between the leaders and future leaders of the Māori Economy”.
The theme, ‘Innovation, Inspiration and Overcoming Failure’ ran throughout the day-long event. The line-up of speakers included:
- Robett Hollis, ColabNZ
- Rangimarie Hunia, Ngāti Whātua Ōrakei Trust
- Bailey Mackey, Pango Productions
- Wetini Mitai-Ngatai, Mitai Māori Village and Snooze Cube
- Takurua (Tak) Mutu, Multi-Day Adventures
- Tawera Nikau, Team One
- Dr Lance O'Sullivan, Navilluso
- Dr Anna Rolleston, The Cardiac Clinic
- Steve Saunders, PlusGroup
- Heather Skipworth, IronMāori
- Miriana Stephens, Wakatu Incorporation
- Ian Taylor, Animation Research Limited
- Mana Vautier, NASA Aerospace Engineer
- Jason Witehira, New World Victoria Park Auckland
- Māori Development Minister Hon Te Ururoa Flavell, and
- Callaghan Innovation’s Chief Executive, Dr Mary Quin.
Matariki X: Saturday, 11 June 2016 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Novotel Rotorua Lakeside, Tutanekai Street, Rotorua, 3010
Matariki X on Facebook
Jason Witehira, winner of the Māori Business Leader award from the Aotearoa Māori Business Leader Awards
Miriana Stephens,small business owner, company director and 'innovation assassin' in the agribusiness space
The truly inspiring Rangimarie Hunia.