This article was published on 6 March 2018
Callaghan Innovation in collaboration with EMA and the Manufacturer’s Network is leading a delegation of companies on a USA Manufacturing Trek from 4-8 June 2018.
The application period to join this delegation closed on Monday 19 March 2018.
About the Internet of Manufacturing Trek 2018
Our Internet of Manufacturing Trek 2018 will attend the Internet of Manufacturing Conference in Chicago and visit leading manufacturing companies in Los Angeles and Chicago.
Throughout the trip, the group will connect with the latest trends in US manufacturing as it moves towards a new industrial age – the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). They'll also get an exclusive inside look at leading Midwest factories and meet some of the new trendsetters in America.
Our 2018 delegation will focus on the practical issues of IoT implementation and give delegates the opportunity to 'talk technical' with some of the leading providers in the fast-moving US market – the people at the cutting edge of IoT implementation.
- Get the USA take on IoT in manufacturing
- Learn about developing smart products and how additional revenue streams are achieved from transforming your capability to provide new services and solutions
- Gain essential knowledge about the business case for investing in a smart factory, particularly for SMEs, and the anticipated ROI
- Connect with potential partners, technology providers, distributors, investors
- Identify new market opportunities.
In selecting New Zealand delegates, we looked for manufacturing leaders who had a strong interest in innovation and digital advancements in products and production. Delegates also needed to have clear objectives for attending the delegation, and the capability to apply and implement learnings.
As part of the delegation, participating companies benefit from:
- Customised programme and visit facilitation.
- Conference ticket for IoM including corporate networking.
- In-market transport to factory visits.
- Preparation workshop and networking.
Co-funding of NZD$2,100 was made available to a limited number of businesses. This co-funding amount covered approximately 50% of costs for international travel and accommodation.
Read more about our delegates: Internet of Manufacturing 2018 delegation
When: 4-8 June 2018
Where: Los Angeles & Chicago/USA
The programme includes:
- 1-day Preparation Workshop in Auckland, 17th April and networking
- Networking and company visit in New Zealand (details TBC).
|Monday, 4 June||Optional factory visit in Los Angeles|
|Tuesday, 5 June||Company visits in Chicago|
|Wednesday, 6 June||IoM conference, networking & B2B meetings|
|Thursday, 7 June||IoM conference, networking & B2B meetings|
|Friday, 8 June||SME visit; De-brief and planning session
Programme concludes mid-afternoon
The IoM Conference
The Internet of Manufacturing conference provides an opportunity to learn about the industrial internet of things business case and how it's an essential step in reducing production downtime and operational costs. Attendees will get the chance to find out more about how IIoT platforms and AI are helping manufacturers optimise product design and customer service and see how IoT concepts are implemented on factory floors across the USA. Read more at the IoM Conference website
Confirmed company/factory visits:
- Haas, Los Angeles
- DAQRI, Los Angeles
- UI labs, Chicago
- Trumpf, Chicago
For more information please contact Nicole Miller by email or on 027 8082516.