This article was published on 9 December 2016
Callaghan Innovation is proud to be sponsoring the Best Hi-Tech Maori Innovation category at the 2017 NZ Hi-Tech Awards which opened for entries this week.
The NZ Hi-Tech Awards recognise the achievers in our high tech industries through a range of awards that celebrate success across many different sectors: from start-ups to agritech to mobile technology.
Callaghan Innovation is again sponsoring the Māori Innovation Award category, which we helped create. In 2016, the inaugural Māori Innovation Award was won by Precision Seafood Harvesting for its revolutionary technology that replaces traditional trawl nets and allows fish to be landed alive and in perfect condition. They beat a strong field of companies drawn from a record number of entries for a new category.
2017 NZ Hi-Tech Award Categories
The 13 categories for the 2017 NZ Hi-Tech Awards are:
- PwC Hi-Tech Company of the Year
- Coretex Hi-Tech Emerging Company
- NZVIF Hi-Tech Start-up Company
- Callaghan Innovation Maori Innovation Award
- Duncan Cotterill Most Innovative Hi-Tech Software Product
- New Zealand Trade & Enterprise Most Innovative Hi-Tech Agritech Product
- Quick Circuit Most Innovative Mobile Technology Product
- Kiwibank Communications Most Innovative Hi-Tech Service
- IBM Most Innovative Company
- ATEED Most Innovative Creative Technology Product
- Endace Most Innovative Hi-Tech Hardware Product
- Xero Hi-Tech Young Achiever
- Qual IT Best Technology Solution for the Public Sector
In addition to these categories, the Hi-Tech Awards will also recognise a new Flying Kiwi who will be inducted into the Tait Communications Hi-Tech Hall of Fame.
Enter or nominate a company now
A full list of categories and entry criteria can be found at www.hitech.org.nz.
For the first time you can also nominate a company or individual for a particular award. Enter or nominate a company online at http://www.hitech.org.nz/enter/
8 December 2016 - Entries open.
13 February 2017 - Last date to nominate a company.
5pm, 6 March 2017 - Last date to enter.
29 March 2017 - Finalists will be announced at simultaneous events in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
12 May 2017 - Winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner in Auckland along with the recipient of the 2016 Tait Communications Flying Kiwi Award.