This article was published on 13 May 2019
Don't miss the Māori Economy event of the year!
- Friday 26 July 2019
- Rotorua Energy Events Centre
- Register now
What's new for 2019
Matariki X is back in 2019 to inspire and empower our Māori innovators. Connect with others, share new ideas, and learn how to better manage and grow your business.
- In the morning, hear from a stellar line-up of influential keynote speakers and join a korero with our business thought-leaders.
- Upskill with new ideas and business tools at afternoon Masterclass workshops. There’s something to inspire everyone with over ten workshops on offer covering topics including: Agile fundamentals, best practice governance, investment, crowd-funding, exporting, environmental innovation and social impact.
- Network with Matariki’s rising entrepreneurial stars, business influencers, senior Māori leaders, economic development specialists and Government representatives at the Eco-Connect dinner in the evening, with a special address from Animation Research Limited’s Ian Taylor.
2019’s fresh and expanded Matariki X format offers a range of exciting sessions – you choose whether to attend some or all of these. View full 2019 programme here.
9.00am – 12.30pm
Hear from some of Aotearoa’s entrepreneurial exemplars including:
• Bailey Mackey - CEO, Pango Productions
• Rachel Taulelei - CEO, Kono NZ
• Jesse Armstrong - Founder and CEO, Vaka Interactiv
• Billie Jo Ropiha - Founder, B'DET
• Nikora Ngaropo - CEO and Founder of Nikora Ngaropo Motion & Design | Young Animators
• Miriana Stephens - Director, Wakatū Incorporation and Founder, NUKU ki te Puku
Then join an inspirational korero with our Matariki X 'A Courageous Conversation' panel of business thought-leaders: Takurua (Tak) Mutu, Lillian Grace, Shay Wright, Miriana Stephens and Hemi Rolleston.
$150 per person*, includes morning tea and lunch
1.25pm – 5.00pm
Select from a range of workshop topics including:
$150 per person*, includes lunch and afternoon tea
Network over dinner and drinks with an address from Ian Taylor of Animation Research Ltd.
$95 per person*, includes stand-up dinner, one drink and cash bar
|*a referral discount is available - see our registration page for full details of this offer.|