Identify and strategically manage your intellectual property (IP)
What is Innovation IP?
Innovation IP® gives innovative and ambitious New Zealand businesses the knowledge, capability and confidence to leverage their IP and intellectual assets to enable growth and reduce risk.
How will Innovation IP help you?
It will show you how to:
- manage infringement risk
- learn how to avoid losing valuable IP
- find out how to identify important IP assets such as patents, trademarks, know-how and copyrights
- discover how to leverage IP value for faster growth and contractual arrangements.
However, Innovation IP won’t suddenly turn you into an IP expert. It’s not a service for registering patents and trademarks, or defending copyright. And it definitely won’t ignore all your existing know-how and expertise!
Who is Innovation IP for?
Innovation IP is designed for businesses of any size that are:
- generating valuable IP
- investing in R&D and eager to maximise the value of their IP
- wanting to understand their freedom to commercialise and how to avoid risk of infringement.
How it works
Stage 1: Helps you understand your own IP and develop an IP strategy consistent with your overall business strategy.
Stage 2: Provides financial support to help you implement an IP strategy.
You can find out more about this programme by reading our Innovation IP brochures below:
- Innovation IP. Information brochure
- Innovation IP. Service provider directory
- Innovation IP. How to choose your service provider
Innovation IP has two stages:
Stage 1 costs $4,500-$9500. You pay 60% and Callaghan Innovation will fund 40%.
Stage 2 costs up to $12,500. You pay 60% and Callaghan Innovation will fund 40%.
Want to know more about Innovation IP?
Get in touch with your Callaghan Innovation advisor for more details.
Email: email@example.com; Phone:0800 422 552.
What our customers say about Innovation IP
Innovation IP completely changed how we looked at our business…We can now see how we fit in the eco-system and how we can monetarise the things we’ve done instead of trying to hide them.
Warwick Downing, Chief Executive Officer at Rapid Advanced Manufacturing Ltd.
Updated: 31 May 2019