Develop a structured approach to managing your IP and be in control of your own intellectual assets.
What is it?
Innovation IP® is a programme that gives innovative and ambitious New Zealand businesses the knowledge, capability and confidence to leverage their intellectual property (IP) and intellectual assets to enable growth and reduce risk.
How can it help my business?
Innovation IP can help you maximise value from your business IP by delivering the following outcomes:
- Knowledge: Give you a practical understanding of what Intellectual Property (IP) means.
- Information: Help your business to understand the competitive IP landscape it operates in.
- Understanding: Improve your understanding of “freedom to operate” and how to manage IP risk.
- Strategy: Help you draft your own IP strategy that supports and adds value to your overall business strategy.
- Capability: Give you the confidence to engage and work with IP specialists in a cost-effective manner.
Who is it for?
New Zealand-based businesses that want to:
- Innovate and generate new, valuable IP or intellectual assets
- Maximise the value of intellectual assets they already control
- Invest in hi-tech R&D and innovation
- Implement a business plan based on stimulating export lead growth
Participation by a supportive and engaged senior leadership team is a prerequisite.
How does it work?
The Innovation IP programme is delivered by a specialist programme provider selected by your business. The programme is delivered in two stages and Callaghan Innovation has approved a selection of providers for each stage.
During the first stage, you will learn about IP and your business and create a business specific IP strategy.
The second stage provides co-funding to assist you to implement your IP strategy.
You can find out more about this programme by reading our Innovation IP brochures below:
- Innovation IP. Information brochure
- Innovation IP. Service provider directory
- Innovation IP. How to choose your service provider
How much does it cost?
Costs vary between Service Providers. Please read the Innovation IP Service Provider directory above to view the costs associated with each Service Provider.
Co-funding of 40% of eligible Stage One and Stage Two costs up to a maximum of $10,000 ex GST is available for qualifying businesses.
How do I get my business involved?
Get in touch with Callaghan Innovation (0800 4 CALLAGHAN or 0800 422 552) or talk to your Regional Business Partner about how Innovation IP can help your business.
The programme had a positive effect on business outcomes, including a couple of tangible long term ones. Really worth doing, particularly enjoyed the free ranging and flexible structure.
David Lutterman, CEO - One Room Limited
Updated: 1 March 2017