Venture capital investment
Early venture capital investors look for:
A compelling team
- Founders with a deep knowledge of the area they're working in.
- Teams that have an open and strong communication style.
- Teams that can negotiate and understand commerce really well.
A compelling product-market fit
- This is a 'need to have' not a 'nice to have' opportunity.
- A unique offer that is not easy to replicate or copy.
A compelling investment
- A total addressable market (TAM) that is global and measured in hundreds of millions (or billions) of dollars.