Do you want to increase your business’s R&D capability, or are you a student wanting to develop your technical skills in a commercial R&D environment?
Grants criteria and application process
Please take a look at the specific grant page for the most current criteria and application process.
Student Grants support both New Zealand businesses and students
Read our R&D Student Grants Brochure
- Access the latest thinking and fresh talent in science, technology, engineering, design or business – at minimal cost
- Commercialise the new knowledge originating from the student’s research project
- Build links between your business and New Zealand universities to access additional R&D opportunities and support universities in producing skilled graduates
- Provide a student with the opportunity to develop their technical skills and gain commercial experience
- Gain commercial experience and work on real world business problems
- Fine tune your practical and technical skills in a commercial environment
- Translate your commercial experience into tangible career and employment opportunities
Callaghan Innovation’s student grants allowed Comvita to access expert knowledge across the research network, creating more opportunities through the open exchange of ideas. This collaboration also generated intellectual property and strengthened the science behind our products.
Updated:21 July 2022