Do you want to increase your business’s R&D capability, or are you a student wanting to develop your technical skills in a commercial R&D environment?
Current funding status
Following another popular year, we have paused accepting any new R&D Grants applications. We are working through applications already in progress so that we can provide an update on funding availability.
If you want to apply for any of these, but do not already have an application ‘In Progress’ in our system, you will not be able to apply until we reopen. However, you can register your interest and we will be in touch when we have more information on available funding and timelines. To register, and for more information, visit our Grants Guidelines and FAQs webpage.
Student Grants support both New Zealand businesses and students
Read our R&D Student Grants Brochure
- Access the latest thinking and fresh talent in science, technology, engineering, design or business – at minimal cost
- Commercialise the new knowledge originating from the student’s research project
- Build links between your business and New Zealand universities to access additional R&D opportunities and support universities in producing skilled graduates
- Provide a student with the opportunity to develop their technical skills and gain commercial experience
- Gain commercial experience and work on real world business problems
- Fine tune your practical and technical skills in a commercial environment
- Translate your commercial experience into tangible career and employment opportunities
Callaghan Innovation’s student grants allowed Comvita to access expert knowledge across the research network, creating more opportunities through the open exchange of ideas. This collaboration also generated intellectual property and strengthened the science behind our products.
Updated:8 October 2021