Rukuhia te wāhi ngaro, hei maunga tātai whetū.
We’re a small group of passionate professionals who understand Māori businesses and see innovation as a crucial pathway to success for Māori.
We’re here to tautoko your business by connecting you to the right research and development (R&D) services and co-funding, and the right opportunities and networks, to help you innovate, commercialise and grow faster.
E hara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini.
Who we help
- All entities, iwi organisations, land trusts, incorporations and businesses that self-identify as Māori.
- Companies acquired by Māori as major shareholders.
Pātaka Raraunga is a new hub of Māori data, created by Callaghan Innovation in partnership with Figure.NZ. The free tool brings together data from more than 175 different organisations, including government agencies, and presents it in searchable topics and easily digestible charts and tables. It's an essential tool for anyone wanting to make informed decisions that will help Māori and all of NZ thrive.
Are you eligible?
We need more Māori businesses to invest in and pursue innovation, commercialisation and growth.
If you are ready, willing and able for R&D, our team is here to help.
You will need:
- A clear commercial proposition and pathway to market for your innovation/product.
- A clear project plan requiring R&D to create the innovation (we can help with this).
- To be ready, willing and able to finance the R&D, then take it to market.
Note: If you are not yet at this stage, please visit one of our Regional Business Partners.
Our services and initiatives
Below are links to some of the initiatives and services available to eligible businesses.
Connect with other Māori businesses and work alongside Callaghan Innovation's experts at our purpose-built hub for Māori innovators.
Further insights and inspiration
- Ka tū papahū a “Kōkiri” ki Kirikiriroa
- Figure.nz - Find and use figures about our country, for free.
- Business.govt.nz - Tips, tools and advice for New Zealand businesses
- Wish we'd thought of that: Amazing Māori innovation (Idealog)