Callaghan Innovation Board Newsletter
Our launch is a significant and exciting milestone for us and, as Minister of Science and Innovation Steven Joyce said in his opening speech today, it is just the start of a journey and we are very ready for the challenge. Copies of the launch speeches will be available at www.callaghaninnovation.govt.nz and www.beehive.govt.nz.
Our early focus
As a start-up organisation, we will continue to deliver 'business as usual’ in the functions that transfer into Callaghan Innovation on February 1, 2013. At the same time, we will start refining and validating the services and support we will start to roll out later in the year. In doing so we will be engaging the business and science, engineering and technology sectors in the first half of 2013 to ensure we deliver additional value over and above what is already being provided. You can expect to hear more from us about this soon.
Our first five months
As well as delivering ‘business as usual’ for the functions that have transferred, the measures of our success in our first five months will be across six additional areas. These are:
- Building the new organisation – crafting a ‘fit for purpose’, integrated and agile organisation, able to engage collaboratively with industry and the science, engineering and technology sector and develop new and innovative solutions for its customers.
- Service and product development – defining and validating our product and service offering for our customers and preparing them for roll-out.
- Capability alignment – engaging with our staff and other selected stakeholders to ensure that the existing science and research capability is put to best use across the New Zealand innovation system, and that Callaghan Innovation has effective access to the capability it needs to deliver on its objectives.
- External relationships – building constructive relationships with demand and supply side partners to further our reach and value to business.
- Shared and seamless services – working with delivery partners to ensure seamless service provision and accessibility for business, and maximising leverage from Crown infrastructure through shared services where possible.
- Stakeholder communication – engaging with stakeholders on the future direction of Callaghan Innovation to meet their needs.
Staying in touch
We will continue giving you regular updates. In the meantime, please get in touch if you have any questions. You can continue to liaise with your regular contact people at Callaghan Innovation (phone numbers haven’t changed) or email us at email@example.com.
You can also visit our website, www.callaghaninnovation.govt.nz or call us on 0800 4Callaghan (0800 422 552).
Thank you all for the support and help you have given us leading up to our ‘go live’ today.
We look forward to you joining us, working with us and challenging us as we all contribute to adding more value for New Zealand.