This article was published on 8 January 2018
Callaghan Innovation is a proud sponsor of the 2018 Hi-Tech Awards. Entries close on 5 March 2018!
About NZ Hi-Tech Awards 2018
Part of Techweek, the NZ Hi-Tech Awards celebrate New Zealand’s most successful high-tech companies and individuals.
Judged by a panel of local and international judges, the awards recognise the best from a range of technology industries including electronics, software, biotechnology, creative, agritech, telecommunications and digital media.
Māori Innovation Award
Callaghan Innovation is pleased to again be supporting the Māori Innovation Award category.
In 2017, this award was won by Biolytix for their innovative wastewater technology solutions.
Businesses can enter Māori Innovation Award award category from 6 December if they meet the following criteria:
- Have at least 50% of Maori Ownership and/or its single largest shareholder is Maori
- Have undertaken a commercial endeavour using technology, which is genuinely innovative and can demonstrate how it has positioned a Maori business or organisation for future success
- It may be a totally unique or new IP built on an existing application or technology framework
- The innovation will have turned an idea into a commercially available new product or way of working.
Reasons why you should enter the Hi-Tech Awards
- Raise your profile and get noticed - with increased industry and media recognition if you become a finalist or winner.
- Connect with a network of industry leaders - engage with New Zealand's high-tech community at several high-profile events throughout the year and foster future partnerships, collaboration and funding.
- Gain business insights and understanding - gain further insights and a deeper understanding of your own business, and learn from others.
- Learn from industry leaders who have gone before you and others who are on the journey with you.
- Bring your team along on the journey - show your staff and prospective employees that you aim high, and are a leading company in your field.
- Attract funding - cement your business credibility and gain funding to aid research and development, marketing or international expansion.
- 5 March 2018 - Entries close
- 28 March 2018 - Finalist Announcement event
- 24 May 2018 - Alumni event, Tait Communications, Christchurch 12pm - 6pm
- Friday 25 May - Gala Dinner, Horncastle Arena, Christchurch