This article was published on 30 November 2016
Callaghan Innovation in collaboration with NZMEA is leading an innovation mission for manufacturing companies to Hannover Messe, the world’s largest industrial fair, from April 24-28, 2017, and we're looking for 12 manufacturing companies interested in Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) to join us.
As well as taking in the fair itself, the New Zealand delegation will visit relevant German SMEs and leading research providers.
Callaghan Innovation is able to provide co-funding support for up to 12 New Zealand manufacturing companies. The co-funding offered amount of $3,000 will cover approximately half of the costs involved in travel, accommodation and registration. We do have space to accommodate a number of fully self-funding companies on the programme.
Other support provided by Callaghan Innovation and partner organisations includes:
- Preparatory workshop in New Zealand on Hannover Fair and how to get the most out of the visit
- Working with individual companies to maximise the benefit of the programme
- Networking events in Germany with businesses and IIoT / Industry 4.0 experts
- Follow up on return to New Zealand to leverage outcomes
- Opportunity to share what you learnt with the rest of the industry
To be a successful applicant your business will be:
- A manufacturer that wants to learn about the latest technologies & trends and experience practical aspects of interconnected manufacturing
- Ready to leverage new technologies to impact your business
- Keen to participate in a New Zealand IIoT/Industry 4.0 working group
Delegates need to participate actively throughout the duration of the mission (including the on-shore preparation, at Hannover Messe itself, and in the post-mission evaluation of the programme) and be willing to share insights gained with other delegates.
Interested companies will have to complete and return an Expression of Interest form by 14th December. We will notify companies of the result of the co-funding selection process by 20th December.
If you are interested in participating in the mission to Hannover Fair or if you have further questions, please email Nicole Miller.
Read here about the Hannover Messe, 24-28 April 2017, Hannover, Germany.