This article was published on 18 April 2017
We are seeking innovative companies to join us at the world’s largest biotech expo in San Diego this June.
Callaghan Innovation and NZBIO will lead an innovation mission of 5-10 companies to the BIO International Convention (BIO) in San Diego on 19-22 June 2017.
We are now seeking expressions of interest from innovative biotech R&D companies who would like to be a part of this group.
Callaghan Innovation is particularly interested in hearing from biotech companies who are commercialising technology or expanding their investment in R&D (including those operating in a pre-profit stage).
About BIO International Convention
The BIO International Convention is the world’s largest international biotech expo which regularly attracts over 15,000 biotechnology and pharmaceutical leaders. It is a place to showcase and validate technology, assess competition, technology and market trends, and connect with potential partners and industry contacts.
This event covers a wide spectrum of life science and application areas including drug discovery, bio manufacturing, genomics, biofuels, nanotechnology and cell therapy. BIO is hosted by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO). BIO represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, biotechnology centres and related organisations across more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products.
- This year’s convention will be held in San Diego 19-22 June.
- Bio International Convention website
Who we’re looking for
In selecting the businesses to come with us to BIO we will look for the following:
- Ambition and capability, and a clear strategy to grow the business
- Interesting and compelling products or technology
- Teams with a clear vision on how they plan to take advantage of being at BIO
- Preference will be given to companies who have not been to BIO in the US before
What we can offer
Callaghan Innovation is able to provide co-funding support for up to 10 New Zealand biotech businesses to attend BIO. The co-funding offered amount of $3,000 will contribute toward the costs involved in travel, accommodation and registration.
Other support provided by Callaghan Innovation to companies selected for the delegation will include:
- Assistance in New Zealand with preparation for BIO and how to get the most out of it
- Networking events
- Media and communications support
- Shared space on the Australian exhibition stand
- Follow-up on return to New Zealand to maximise the benefits
Interested in taking part? Contact us now
If you are interested in joining Callaghan Innovation’s mission to BIO International Convention (BIO), please contact Kimberlee Jordan.